Dr. Alexandra Peri, DDS at Michigan Sleep Therapy provides treatment for patients with mild to moderate sleep apnea using an FDA approved, custom fitted oral appliance. The device works by positioning the lower jaw forward during sleep, keeping the airway open. It fits in the palm of your hand, requires no electricity, wires or tubes and is easily packed into luggage for travel.
How it works:
- Schedule a screening at our office
- If the screening indicates you are at risk for OSA, we will arrange a Home Sleep Test
- Sleep in your own bed while the device monitors your sleep
- Results from the test are downloaded and sent to a board-certified Sleep Physician for review and diagnosis
- If the physician recommends Oral Appliance Therapy, we will take impressions of your teeth and create a custom device for you
- After the device is made, it may require adjustments to ensure optimal airflow
- A follow up home sleep test is used to verify the device is working as intended
- Michigan Sleep Therapy is IN-Network with all major medical insurance providers
Our office has been DreamSleep Certified for treating Obstructive Sleep Apnea. DreamSleep is a national network of Dentists and Physicians working together to raise awareness and treat Obstructive Sleep Apnea.
DreamSleep Certification means every member of our sleep team has received intensive training on sleep medicine, oral appliance therapy and collaboration with physicians for testing and diagnosis.
All DreamSleep providers:
- Are required to achieve accreditation in the fundamentals of dental sleep medicine and oral appliance therapy for sleep-related breathing disorders
- Refer patients at risk to qualified physicians for diagnosis and prescription of an appropriate therapy
- Use objective data to verify the efficacy of oral appliance therapy as permitted within their scope of practice and in accordance with their state dental practice acts
- Refer patients back to physicians for confirmation of treatment efficacy after fitting and titration of an oral appliance
- Provide timely, appropriate and ongoing follow-up care to manage dental-related side effects of oral appliance therapy
Michigan Sleep Therapy is proud to serve Warren and the surrounding area.
We firmly believe that sleep affects nearly all areas of a persons health. Good sleep boosts the immune system, increases energy levels, raises productivity and has a positive effect on mood. Everything in your life is affected by the quality of sleep you get. Unfortunately, most people do not consistently get good sleep. In fact, many of us live with symptoms of bad sleep and don’t understand why we feel awful. If you need better sleep, we want to help you.
Schedule an appointment and we will screen and test you for Obstructive Sleep Apnea. Your test results will be reviewed by a board certified sleep physician. If you can benefit from oral appliance therapy, we want to help you.
Alexandra Peri, DDS
Michigan Sleep Therapy
44004 Woodward Avenue
Bloomfield Hills, MI 48302