Dr. Nicholas Papageorgiou, DDS provides treatment for patients with mild to moderate sleep apnea using an FDA approved, custom fitted oral appliance. The device works by positioning the lower jaw forward during sleep, keeping the airway open. It fits in the palm of your hand, requires no electricity, wires or tubes and is easily packed into luggage for travel.
How it works:
- Schedule a screening at our office
- If the screening indicates you are at risk for OSA, we will arrange a Home Sleep Test
- Sleep in your own bed while the device monitors your sleep
- Results from the test are downloaded and sent to a board-certified Sleep Physician for review and diagnosis
- If the physician recommends Oral Appliance Therapy, we will take impressions of your teeth and create a custom device for you
- After the device is made, it may require adjustments to ensure optimal airflow
- A follow up home sleep test is used to verify the device is working as intended
Our office has been DreamSleep Certified for treating Obstructive Sleep Apnea. DreamSleep is a national network of Dentists and Physicians working together to raise awareness and treat Obstructive Sleep Apnea.
DreamSleep Certification means every member of our sleep team has received intensive training on sleep medicine, oral appliance therapy and collaboration with physicians for testing and diagnosis.
- All DreamSleep providers:
- Are required to achieve accreditation in the fundamentals of dental sleep medicine and oral appliance therapy for sleep-related breathing disorders
- Refer patients at risk to qualified physicians for diagnosis and prescription of an appropriate therapy
- Use objective data to verify the efficacy of oral appliance therapy as permitted within their scope of practice and in accordance with their state dental practice acts
- Refer patients back to physicians for confirmation of treatment efficacy after fitting and titration of an oral appliance
- Provide timely, appropriate and ongoing follow-up care to manage dental-related side effects of oral appliance therapy
We believe that close teamwork with physicians is essential for successful management of sleep-related breathing disorders using oral appliance therapy.
Dr. Papageorgiou is part of an Ashburn tradition of dental comfort and care. He is a 1999 graduate of the Medical College of Virginia and has been practicing dentistry for more than 14 years.
Dr. Papageorgiou has dedicated his professional career to providing his patients with the best that dentistry has to offer. He is continually educating himself and his staff on the newest dental techniques and approaches in order to provide state-of-the-art, personalized and comfortable dental care.
Sterling Dental Care
44330 Premier Plaza Suite 200
Ashburn, VA 20147
DreamSleep Qualified Doctor: Elite
Special programs for