In addition to being a well-respected family dentist in Greenwood, Indiana, Dr. Gillum is recognized as a local expert in medically prescribed treatments for sleep apnea. Gillum Dentistry provides an effective & comfortable oral appliance alternative to CPAP for the treatment of Snoring and Sleep Apnea.
Dr. Gillum is a member of:
- American Dental Association
- Indiana Dental Association
- Indianapolis District Dental Society
- International Association for Orthodontics
- American Academy of Dental Sleep Medicine
- American Academy of Sleep Medicine
- The Indiana Society of Sleep Professionals
How it works:
- Schedule a screening at our office
- If the screening indicates you are at risk for OSA, we will arrange a Home Sleep Test
- Sleep in your own bed while the device monitors your sleep
- Results from the test are downloaded and sent to a board-certified Sleep Physician for review and diagnosis
- If the physician recommends Oral Appliance Therapy, we will take impressions of your teeth and create a custom device for you
- After the device is made, it may require adjustments to ensure optimal airflow
- A follow up home sleep test is used to verify the device is working as intended
Our office has been DreamSleep Certified for treating Obstructive Sleep Apnea. DreamSleep is a national network of Dentists and Physicians working together to raise awareness and treat Obstructive Sleep Apnea.
DreamSleep Certification means every member of our sleep team has received intensive training on sleep medicine, oral appliance therapy and collaboration with physicians for testing and diagnosis.
- All DreamSleep providers:
- Are required to achieve accreditation in the fundamentals of dental sleep medicine and oral appliance therapy for sleep-related breathing disorders
- Refer patients at risk to qualified physicians for diagnosis and prescription of an appropriate therapy
- Use objective data to verify the efficacy of oral appliance therapy as permitted within their scope of practice and in accordance with their state dental practice acts
- Refer patients back to physicians for confirmation of treatment efficacy after fitting and titration of an oral appliance
- Provide timely, appropriate and ongoing follow-up care to manage dental-related side effects of oral appliance therapy
Dr. Richard Gillum, D.D.S.
1259 N State Road 135
Greenwood, IN 46142