Dr. Cross provides treatment for patients with mild to moderate sleep apnea using an FDA approved, custom fitted oral appliance. The device works by positioning the lower jaw forward during sleep, keeping the airway open. It fits in the palm of your hand, requires no electricity, wires or tubes and is easily packed into luggage for travel.
How it works:
- Schedule a screening at our office
- If the screening indicates you are at risk for OSA, we will arrange a Home Sleep Test
- Sleep in your own bed while the device monitors your sleep
- Results from the test are downloaded and sent to a board-certified Sleep Physician for review and diagnosis
- If the physician recommends Oral Appliance Therapy, we will take impressions of your teeth and create a custom device for you
- After the device is made, it may require adjustments to ensure optimal airflow
- A follow up home sleep test is used to verify the device is working as intended
Our office has been DreamSleep Certified for treating Obstructive Sleep Apnea. DreamSleep is a national network of Dentists and Physicians working together to raise awareness and treat Obstructive Sleep Apnea.
DreamSleep Certification means every member of our sleep team has received intensive training on sleep medicine, oral appliance therapy and collaboration with physicians for testing and diagnosis.
All DreamSleep providers:
- Are required to achieve accreditation in the fundamentals of dental sleep medicine and oral appliance therapy for sleep-related breathing disorders
- Refer patients at risk to qualified physicians for diagnosis and prescription of an appropriate therapy
- Use objective data to verify the efficacy of oral appliance therapy as permitted within their scope of practice and in accordance with their state dental practice acts
- Refer patients back to physicians for confirmation of treatment efficacy after fitting and titration of an oral appliance
- Provide timely, appropriate and ongoing follow-up care to manage dental-related side effects of oral appliance therapy
Dr. Jeffrey Cross D.D.S., F.A.G.D. is a dentist who has been serving the Frederick community since 1983. Dr. Cross is home –grown, having earned his undergraduate degree from the University of Maryland College Park, and his Dental degree from the University of Maryland Dental School in Baltimore, Maryland in 1978. After graduating dental school, Dr. Cross served three years in the United States Air Force as a dentist, stationed in Northern California. While there, he solidified his love for outdoor sports, skiing, backpacking, and camping.
After his service in the USAF, Dr. Cross re-settled in Maryland, and in 1983 started seeing patients in Frederick, Maryland. Dr. Cross enjoys providing comprehensive dental care to the entire family, hopefully several generations of families.
Dr. Cross belongs to dental organizations such as the American Academy of Dental Sleep Medicine and Alpha Omega Dental Fraternity. He is proud to also be a Fellow in the Academy of General Dentistry and a graduate of the world renowned prestigious Pankey Institute of Higher Dental Education. Recently, Dr. Cross also became a teaching faculty member at the University of Maryland Dental School.
Dr. Cross has been married to his wife, Batia, for 32 years, and enjoys the pleasures of three children, Ariel, Jason, and Kyle. He and his wife enjoy aggressive hiking in the woods, road biking, and physical fitness.
Jeffrey Cross, D.D.S., F.A.G.D. – Frederick, MD
604 Solarex Court
Frederick, MD 21703