Dr. Timothy Mickiewicz, DDS provides treatment for patients with mild to moderate sleep apnea using an FDA approved, custom fitted oral appliance. The device works by positioning the lower jaw forward during sleep, keeping the airway open. It fits in the palm of your hand, requires no electricity, wires or tubes and is easily packed into luggage for travel.
How it works:
- Schedule a screening at our office
- If the screening indicates you are at risk for OSA, we will arrange a Home Sleep Test
- Sleep in your own bed while the device monitors your sleep
- Results from the test are downloaded and sent to a board-certified Sleep Physician for review and diagnosis
- If the physician recommends Oral Appliance Therapy, we will take impressions of your teeth and create a custom device for you
- After the device is made, it may require adjustments to ensure optimal airflow
- A follow up home sleep test is used to verify the device is working as intended
Our office has been DreamSleep Certified for treating Obstructive Sleep Apnea. DreamSleep is a national network of Dentists and Physicians working together to raise awareness and treat Obstructive Sleep Apnea.
DreamSleep Certification means every member of our sleep team has received intensive training on sleep medicine, oral appliance therapy and collaboration with physicians for testing and diagnosis.
- All DreamSleep providers:
- Are required to achieve accreditation in the fundamentals of dental sleep medicine and oral appliance therapy for sleep-related breathing disorders
- Refer patients at risk to qualified physicians for diagnosis and prescription of an appropriate therapy
- Use objective data to verify the efficacy of oral appliance therapy as permitted within their scope of practice and in accordance with their state dental practice acts
- Refer patients back to physicians for confirmation of treatment efficacy after fitting and titration of an oral appliance
- Provide timely, appropriate and ongoing follow-up care to manage dental-related side effects of oral appliance therapy
Dr. Timothy Mickiewicz, DDS has served the Sacramento, CA, and greater northern California area for more than 30 years. He is passionate about his patients and relieving them from complications associated with temporomandibular joint disease (TMD) and sleep apnea.
He received his undergraduate degree from St. Mary’s College in 1979 and later attended the University of Pacific for his doctorate in dental surgery (DDS). Over the course of his 30 years of practice, Dr. Mickiewicz has completed 50 or more hours of continuing education per year, which is twice the requirements set forth by the state of California.
Dr. Mickiewicz holds memberships in a number of professional dental organizations:
- Diplomate, American Academy of Pain Management, Founding Member, 1985
- American Dental Association
- California Dental Association
- Sacramento District Dental Society
- Stanislaus Dental Society
- American Academy of Craniofacial Pain
- National Sleep Foundation
- American Academy of Dental Sleep Medicine
- American Academy Clinical Sleep Disorders
Timothy Mickiewicz DDS
930 Alhambra Blvd #110
Sacramento, Ca 95816
DreamSleep Qualified Doctor: Elite