Uptown Dental provides treatment for patients with mild to moderate sleep apnea using an FDA approved, custom fitted oral appliance. The device works by positioning the lower jaw forward during sleep, keeping the airway open. It fits in the palm of your hand, requires no electricity, wires or tubes and is easily packed into luggage for travel.
How it works:
- Schedule a screening at our office
- If the screening indicates you are at risk for OSA, we will arrange a Home Sleep Test
- Sleep in your own bed while the device monitors your sleep
- Results from the test are downloaded and sent to a board-certified Sleep Physician for review and diagnosis
- If the physician recommends Oral Appliance Therapy, we will take impressions of your teeth and create a custom device for you
- After the device is made, it may require adjustments to ensure optimal airflow
- A follow up home sleep test is used to verify the device is working as intended
Our office has been DreamSleep Certified for treating Obstructive Sleep Apnea. DreamSleep is a national network of Dentists and Physicians working together to raise awareness and treat Obstructive Sleep Apnea.
DreamSleep Certification means every member of our sleep team has received intensive training on sleep medicine, oral appliance therapy and collaboration with physicians for testing and diagnosis.
- All DreamSleep providers:
- Are required to achieve accreditation in the fundamentals of dental sleep medicine and oral appliance therapy for sleep-related breathing disorders
- Refer patients at risk to qualified physicians for diagnosis and prescription of an appropriate therapy
- Use objective data to verify the efficacy of oral appliance therapy as permitted within their scope of practice and in accordance with their state dental practice acts
- Refer patients back to physicians for confirmation of treatment efficacy after fitting and titration of an oral appliance
- Provide timely, appropriate and ongoing follow-up care to manage dental-related side effects of oral appliance therapy
We believe that close teamwork with physicians is essential for successful management of sleep-related breathing disorders using oral appliance therapy.
Dr. Rhonda Savage and Uptown Dental team have helped countless patients suffering from Sleep Apnea. What sets Uptown apart, is that our patients know from the moment they are diagnosed that they are not alone. Together we address the varying questions which arise when learning about the characteristics of this disease, along with the benefits of wearing an oral appliance, CPAP or other treatment options. We believe that sharing information strengthens trust and assures patients have the most up-to-date materials to share with others in our community. By empowering patients it’s our hope that others will benefit and seek diagnosis.
If you suffer from frequent headaches, snore, have been told by a sleep partner or family member that you gasp for air while asleep, feel fatigued during the day, depressed because of exhaustion and are overweight, you may have Sleep Apnea. Visit Uptown Dental to get screened today.
Uptown Dental Gig Harbor
Dr Rhonda Savage, DDS
3519 56th St. NW #260
Gig Harbor, WA 98335
DreamSleep Qualified Doctor: Elite